Why questions don't get answered, or "No, I've already RTFM, tell me the answer!"

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 2 18:03:57 UTC 2006

John Summerfied wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
>

>> Things like flash player, though free are not open source and are
>> available in binary format only which creates an issue if distributed in
>> conjunction with software that is GPL license.
>

> Please, research this point and show is what the problem is.

AIUI, it has to do with the license on the (independently loaded,
but linked at load time) libraries. GPL is (intentionally) like a
cancer, eating into anything it touches.

> I wonder how many Americans know what a sticky wicket is?

Comes from cricket, IIRC. Something about after rain the bowler
can't properly aim the ball off the wicket due to the yielding/
sticky surface it presents.

Never have played cricket.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.