modem query

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 19:49:50 UTC 2006

--- Claude Jones <claude_jones at levitjames.com> wrote:

> On Monday 02 January 2006 6:57 am, azeem ahmad
> wrote:
> > hi list
> > is there any command to query modem to get its
> information just like in
> > windows. in fact i want to know a modem's FCLASS.
> or tell me if there is
> > any other way to accomplish this
>
> kppp can do that, assuming it can detect your modem
> - you have to burrow down
> into the configuration, but there's a query modem
> button in there - whether
> it will yield the exact info you seek, I can't speak
> --
> Claude Jones
> Bluemont, VA, USA
>
> --

One useful tool is scanModem from
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/#scanmodem

Download scanModem.gz from above link.
$ gunzip scanModem.gz
$ chmod +x scanModem
$ ./scanModem

should give you some information about your modem.
Also you may also use
wvdial.  wvdial could also give you information about
your modem.

Hope this helps,

Antonio