YUM problem on new FC4 installation

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Jan 3 02:23:30 UTC 2006

Am Di, den 03.01.2006 schrieb fredex um 2:48:

> I've got a brand new FC4 installation. Trying to use yum (or up2date)
> to import and install all the updates since the release.

That is a lot of stuff then.

> Either program will run for a while then hang. for, like, 2 hours until
> I kill it. When hung it consumes 80-90% of the CPU but does nothing
> obviously productive.

Calculating dependencies probably.

> Is this a known issue? if so can anyone suggest a fix/workaround for it?

First: configure yum in the /etc/yum.repos.d/*.repo files to query fast,
reliable and nearby mirrors. Not some from around the globe.
Second: if you want to better see what yum does, start it with `yum -d6
update'.

> Fred

Alexander

Serendipity 03:20:51 up 29 days, 7:57, load average: 0.08, 0.14, 0.16