Access Old Home Directory - USB enclosure - LVM

J. K. Cliburn jcliburn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 03:00:41 UTC 2006

On 1/2/06, Robert L Cochran <cochranb at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> Jim Cornette wrote:
>
> My Asrock motherboard has an option for booting from USB, so I tried to
> boot my 60 Gb drive from USB (in order to avoid taking it out of the
> external enclosure.) This gave me a black screen with these letters:
>
> LI
>
> I have some memory that this is the word LINUX and how many letters of
> the word are spelled out on the screen indicate something about the
> nature of the boot problem.

If memory serves, the LI is part of the word LILO, the old LInux
LOader that has been largely supplanted by GRUB.  I wish I had more
information to provide in helping solve your problem, but alas, I
don't.  I'm watching this thread with interest, though, but thus far
it's only cementing my decision to abandon LVM in the future.