RPM's for creating/enabling TLS/SSL certificates and enabling sendmail milters

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Tue Jan 3 08:02:19 UTC 2006

I was wondering if there would be any point to doing some .noarch RPM's
that could be installed individually to enable additional functionality that
isn't turned on out-of-the-box.

For instance, I wanted to use IMAP and SMTP with SSL (so that I can
connect to my mail server on the road, but not have to worry about leaving
it open to spam relaying)... And turn on milters as well (there are HELO
checks that sendmail doesn't do on it's own, but I'd like to add... either
through hacking the sources, or via milters).

I, like a lot of people, haven't ever enabled or configured either of these,
but I figure it shouldn't be too hard to capture the steps and then express
them in RPM's.

Alexander: can you work with me on this?  I.e. provide some guidance and
reality checks?

Thanks,

-Philip