Mailman port RH7.3/2.0.13 to FC4/2.1.5/Exim4

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Wed Jan 4 00:26:33 UTC 2006

Gary Stainburn wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> I'm trying to port my existing mailman setup to my new server.  I've made note
> of the change of filesystem layout and followed the instructions for
> connecting to Exim4. I've configured Apache and the web interface to
> mailman's working fine.
>
> However, I've got two possibly related problems.
>
> 1) starting the new service fails as below:
>
> [root at stan1 ~]# service mailman start
> Starting mailman: Site list is missing: mailman
>                                                            [FAILED]
> [root at stan1 ~]#
>
> In /var/log/mailman/error it shows:
>
> [root at stan1 ~]# tail -f /var/log/mailman/error
> Dec 12 22:42:15 2005 mailmanctl(5556): Site list is missing: mailman
> Dec 12 22:42:15 2005 (5556) Site list is missing: mailman

Yes, I went through this during one of my upgrades.  I no longer
remember if it was from RH9 to FC2 or from FC2 to FC3.  But, if you
google the "Site list is missing" error, you should find a recipe for
creating the "site" list which is now required by mailman for it to work
correctly.  Is your new server essentially an "upgrade" for mailman?

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net