ldap startup failure with FC3

Phil Savoie psavoie1783 at rogers.com
Wed Jan 4 02:46:16 UTC 2006

On Monday 02 January 2006 22:27, Craig White wrote:
> the db will be there as soon as you slapadd/ldapadd some data
>
> I would say that the best thing to do would be to stop ldap and remove
> the log file and minimally populate it.
>
> Are you using something as a reference?
>
> if not, I would suggest using...
>
> http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin22/
>
> As you would need to populate it to have any db files
>
> and I'm sorry about the recommendation to echo
> echo "local4.*             /var/log/slapd.log" > /etc/syslog.conf # NO
> which Alexander caught and should have been...
> echo "local4.*             /var/log/slapd.log" >> /etc/syslog.conf #YES
>
> I didn't however see any reference to checkpoints or logs in the
> slapd.conf that you posted nor any references to DB_CONFIG files
>
> Craig

Hi Craig,

I have it solved.  What I had to do was rm the files in /var/lib/ldap leaving
the replica dir intact and slapadd the files manually.  The setup should have
been done through a script in a customized rpm file but had failed.

Thank you for all of your help as it was sincerely appreciated.

Phil