Open Office 2.01 not working.

Thad Nielsen paroikos at myrealbox.com
Wed Jan 4 13:44:56 UTC 2006

George J. Jahchan [Fedora at Compucenter.org] wrote:
> Tried both Arthur's and Thad's suggestions,
>
> When launched from the console (/usr/bin/oowriter) there are no status messages
> in the console.
>
> I also tried uninstalling all oo packages and reinstalling only the basic
> packages (without the language packs) to no avail.
>
> OO is still exhibiting the same symptoms.
>
> Any other suggestions?

George, did you uninstall and reinstall as root?  On my FC3 with OO
2.0.1, there is no /usr/bin/oowriter.  I call /usr/bin/soffice, which
is merely a link to /etc/openoffice.org-2.0/program/soffice.  Can you
try to manually run either of those?  If not, can you find soffice
somewhere else (perhaps under /opt)?  Let us know.

	Thad