AMD64 board + Fanless Graphic card, full SATA II?

dondi_2006 dondi_2006 at libero.it
Thu Jan 5 07:18:50 UTC 2006

Hello,

I had almost decided to buy an asus a8n csm motherboard
because of its integrated SATA II controller and DVI port, because
I had no problem with a closed source driver for graphics only.

However, since it seems the nForce 430 chip also need closed source
for things as basic as disk access and ACPI, not to mention
set up problems for the integrated ethernet (refes below)
I think I'll give up. It's a shame, an on-board DVI would have been marvelous...

Anyway:

can anybody recommend a 100% Fedora compatible combination of:

microAtx board for AMD 64 with full support for:
             10/100/GB Ethernet
             SATA-II with NCQ
             on board sound
             cool-n-quiet, fan/voltage/frequency control to
                    minimize power dissipation and noise
             no video of sort on board, it would be useless,
                    since the other piece is:

*separate* fanless graphic card with DVI output and TV-input
         (the latter is needed mainly to put VHS tapes on DVD)

Thanks in advance for any feedback. And oh, yes, I've written
to nVidia to complain!

Webber

1) http://groups.google.com/group/linux...4ba6efd2fd5c68
2) http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=784986&posted=1#post784986