unbelievably stupid mistake - i broke /usr/lib need help

Paul Lemmons paul.lemmons at tmcaz.com
Thu Jan 5 19:32:02 UTC 2006

This is a tough one. I am assuming you have no backup...

Were this to happen to me I would probably go to another box and
download a trial of VmWare. I would then install FC4 and apply
maintenance and install of the software that I had installed. I would
then copy /usr/lib over to the broken box.

Next I would probably realize that not everything was there and what was
there was not exactly what was there to start with. I would then decide
whether or not I wanted to spend the next few months dinking with it or
if it was time to backup all of my personal data, format and start
over... I would probably then start over...