Mail Solution Information

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Thu Jan 5 22:41:22 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 10:10:33PM +0100, Truls Gulbrandsen wrote:

> mohd.khalid at utitsl.co.in wrote:
> | Hi to all
> |
> | We are Planning to Install Mail Server in our Office
> | I want to know Which Mail Server is Bettter
> |
> | 1.Lotus Notes
> | 2.Sendmail
> | 3. Qmail
> | 4. MS-Exchange
> | 5. Group Wise Mail Server Solution
> |
> | Can I get Comparison Documentation on all above
> | or related website link, it will be a great help
> |
> | Thanks In Advance
> |
> | Mohd Khalid
> |

> The Lotus mailserver is called Lotus Domino, Lotus Notes is the client.
> ~ You might find notes on comparison between Domino and Exchange as part
> of the migration documents on IBMs homepages.  Try: notes.net and do
> some searching there.
>
> Regards,
> Truls
In our environment we use sendmail which I find straightforward to
use. However, there is a Linux/Unix group that claim that sendmail is
passe and postfix is the only way to go.

You pays your money and takes your choice (although in this case they
are both open software and free).

A little experience often upsets a lot of theory.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484