LVM startup

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Jan 6 03:03:20 UTC 2006

Mark Haney wrote:

> I am having some issues with a couple of LVM Volumes.  On a reboot the
> VGs don't mount, I have to manually run vgchange -a y to get them up.
> I have seen the commands to put in the rc scripts, but my question is,
> which one is the recommended one to add them to?  I was thinking
> /etc/rc.d/rc.local.  Any thoughts?

I was reading briefly information on a google search regarding the whole
lvm2 ways of managing filesystems. I read some webpage that looked like
lvm.conf

running 'info lvm.conf ' has 399 lines in it and might lead you to what
information to supply for on boot recognition for the lvm volumes. I
have not read the information. My assumption is to put it into
/etc/lvm/lvm.conf or at least in the /etc/lvm directory somewhere.

Sorry for the uninformed reply,  I am just starting to review the whole
lvm2 concept for future adoption.

Jim