vi with unicode character

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jan 6 08:46:44 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 11:43 +0800, Hanny Tidore wrote:
> How can I use vi to insert unicode character into a text file ?

If you use the character map utility to find the character you want,
copying and pasting it into vi will insert a unicode character.

If you set up your keyboard, you can use various key combinations to
directly enter in characters that you want to use.  For instance, I set
my right Windows key to be the compose key, and to enter something like
the æ ligature I press the Windows key, then the a key, then the e key.

And if you know the number of the unicode character that you want to
use, there's ways to enter them in that way, as well.

I read messages from the public lists.