chmod a-x chmod Fix?

Chasecreek Systemhouse chasecreek.systemhouse at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 13:13:55 UTC 2006

Should I submit a bug report asking for a new feature?  I think chmod,
if not other coreutils, should all be installed as 'immutable'.

History -
One of my students did a chmod a-x /bin/*

After some thought I fixed this by mounting the /bin directory onto a
VFat and moved the new 0755 file to linux.

Is there a way to execute chmod when it is set 0644?  Is there a way
to change the file permissions when chmod is disabled?

At any rate, I set all my students chmod files to immutable (chattr +i chmod)

Thoughts?  Comments?
--
WC -Sx- Jones | http://ccsh.us/ | Open Source Consulting