chmod a-x chmod Fix?

Chasecreek Systemhouse chasecreek.systemhouse at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 15:08:49 UTC 2006

On 06 Jan 2006 15:53:12 +0100, Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer
<ml2news at free.fr> wrote:
> chasecreek.systemhouse at gmail.com (Chasecreek Systemhouse) writes:
> > Is there a way to execute chmod when it is set 0644?  Is there a way
> > to change the file permissions when chmod is disabled?
>
> /lib/ld-linux.so.2 chmod (meaning as long you have +x on ld-linux.so.2 you
> can execute any file you can read).

=)  Thanks, but I get:
[root at 067lab0927 bin]# /lib/ld-2.3.5.so chmod a+x chmod
chmod: error while loading shared libraries: chmod: cannot open shared
object file

PS -- About the Perl suggestion:  Considering I am supposed to be the
"Founder" of the Jacksonville Perl Mongers -- I *should* have known
that perldoc -f chmod thing -- but I would claim that Perl's chmod
would ultimately call /bin/chmod anyways...

So far all the other suggested solutions do in fact work.  Thanks to everyone!
--
WC -Sx- Jones | http://ccsh.us/ | Open Source Consulting