what is the grub step?!

jackc jcraig at Brocade.COM
Fri Jan 6 18:21:33 UTC 2006

well, after i went home there was a building power failure
so that may have altered results, but...

i power on the box and i get to the grub prompt.
i insert disk 1, reboot and at the boot prompt
enter the 'linux rescue'

after asking me the ip, etc, it drops me to the shell
where i gave the chant you provided below. each step
completed without error.

however on reboot i forgot to remove the cd so i am
walking the install again as should be my punishment
for the lapse.

wonder how many times i can step on my own tail in this?! :(

more soon, thx to all that have replied, jackc...

--
Jack Craig

XPath/SAS Team
Brocade Communications Systems, Inc.