FireFox can't get to Google

David Godsey redhat at godseyfamily.com
Fri Jan 6 20:49:38 UTC 2006

I have been experiencing something very peculiar.  I have installed Fedora
Core 4, and when using FireFox or Mozilla there are several sites that I
can't visit.  For instance, I can go to http://mannfam.com consistently,
however trying to go to http://google.com it will just sit on "Connecting
to www.google.com".  This must sound like a network problem, and that is
what I thought at first also, however I can get to any website with
konqueror with not problems.

So it can't be a problem with my DSL throught Qwest, it really has to be
how FireFox is working on Fedora.  I have tried it with the firewall and
selinux disabled, just to make sure it wan't a problem there (didn't think
it would be, but thought I'd check).

Does anybody have some ideas to figure this out?  I installed Fedore Core
4 from ISO images I downloaded 2 weeks ago.  Everything else seems to work
fine, but not FireFox, and Evolution has problems too.

Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks.

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your
regular duties.

David Godsey