kpilot driving me crazy

jack wallen jlwallen at monkeypantz.net
Sat Jan 7 22:52:32 UTC 2006

On Saturday January 7 2006 8:36 pm, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Kevin Verma wrote:
> > I am also suffering with the same frustration, I have migrated from
> > GNOME to KDE last month in hopes of a better Palm support. But its
> > very disappointing to notice its broken with KDE as well.
>
> Part of the problem is/was due to Fedora Core's inclusion of a
> pre-release version of pilot-link (which is what at least KDE uses for
> low-level palm support).
>
> -- Rex
interesting. so you're saying the reason there are problems with the syncing
is because FC4 released a faulty version of pilot-link? with that knowledge i
tried to do yum update pilot-link and there are no updates. does this mean
the FC developers know there's a faulty version of pilot-link but have yet to
fix it?

i just tried to update pilot-link to the latest rpm from rpmfind net but there
were gcc depenancy issues. this is just one of those problems that won't go
away it seems.

thanks for the info! if you have any suggestions on what could be done - i'd
certainly appreciate it.

--
jack wallen, jr.
get those pantz off