FC4 - Eclipse problem

Kurt Hansen khansen at charityweb.net
Sun Jan 8 19:06:41 UTC 2006

Hello,

> Defenitely, something seems to be wrong with Eclipse.
> If I install the Eclipse platform (and their
> dependences, of course) either from Eclipse website or
> from yum, when I try running it, I allways get the
> following error:
>
> "An error has occurred. See the log file
> /home/hoffmann/workspace/.metadata/.log."

I would get this error a lot when I first upgraded to FC4. I found a
couple of commands from a Google search that tends to fix this up. I put
it in a shell file. Here are the commands (they may wrap):

rm WSPATH/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.snap
rm
WSPATH/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.root/.markers.snap

where WSPATH is replaced by the path to your workspace, e.g.
/home/shared/workspace

Also, the version of Eclipse that came with the original FC4 worked for
me. The first update I did a few months back broke it. I ended up
downloading the tar ball from the eclipse website and compiling it. It's
worked great since then, even eliminating the above error.

Take care,

Kurt Hansen