Parental controls in Linux

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 8 20:26:57 UTC 2006

Andy Green wrote:
> WipeOut wrote:
>

>>The problem now is that he is getting far to wrapped up in looking at
>>porn and not the innocent kind..
>>
>>Is there any parental control software for Linux available??
>

> Another way to come at this is to move the PC into an area that is
> frequented by the rest of the family.  You could also proxy his http
> connectivity transparently through another box and let him know
> everything is logged.

The PC is already in a fairly "public" place but there are still lots of
times when nobody is around and thats when he is diving into the porn
sites..

> Ultimately though with USB memory sticks, myspace pr0n and so on
> nannying software is a losing proposition.
>
> -Andy

Yes, I know what you are saying but I think its still worth trying
attempt some control rather than banning him from the internet which
would be a shame because the internet is a great place to learn about
things... other than hard core sex..