kernel-module-madwifi 2.6.14.1-1656 on Dell Inspiron 1200--WORKS

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 02:12:20 UTC 2006

Last time I installed a new kernel, the madwifi module didn't work on my
hardware. My report, and the advice I got, sparked some controversy. The
basis of that was that the maintainer of the kernel-module-madwifi
package didn't have a proper way to test it.

This time, I want to report that the new kernel, and the madwifi kernel
module from livna, works as intended.

We don't often hear about something that "just works." This list seems
to be more about reporting problems than anything else. So for once I'd
like to report success in a context that I consider mission-critical.

Temlakos