fc4 on x86_64, gtk2 weird behaviour

Roger Heflin rheflin at atipa.com
Mon Jan 9 18:10:49 UTC 2006

I have seen the firefox crash, there is a bugzilla report for it.

Compiling firefox-1.5 myself with -O1 seems to have made it stable
and decently fast.   With -O2 it crashes on a save on certain web
pages, with -O0 is it stable but slow.

The crashes are all deep in gtk2, and I had this crash on the
default fc4 setup, and also with a number of gtk updates applied.

I think it is a gtk2 bug, possibly an memory overrun, as the -O1 seems
to prevent it from happening (less packing of memory?), all of my
tests are only by recompiling firefox, not by messing with gtk2.

                                          Roger