Up2date discrepency problem

Michael D. Berger m.d.berger at ieee.org
Mon Jan 9 20:43:47 UTC 2006

I have downloaded and installed fedora core 4. I then
clicked the blibking red button to get the latest
updates.  I selected all packages including kernel and
kernel-devel.  I get a warning window:

  Unresolvable chain dependencies:
  foomatic-3.0.2-19        conflicts with hpijs < 1.5
  ruby-1.8.4-1.fc4        requires ruby-libs = 1.8.4-1.fc4

(the above is hand-typed).  I resolve the first by unckecking
hpijs.  But there is no obvious way to resolve the problem,
since ruby.* does not appear in the list.

I tried to solve the problem by backing up and unchecking
"extras".  This did not help, nor did unchecking "updates
released" or "base".

Advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike.