Up2date discrepency problem

Michael D. Berger m.d.berger at ieee.org
Mon Jan 9 21:01:50 UTC 2006

I just "solved" the problem by exiting up2date, restarting it,
not selecting "extras", and unchecking hpijs.  The "ruby"
problem did not appear, but ruby items did appear on the list
of items it said that it was adding. I am writing this between
clicks on "Yes" to proceeed in the absence of a GPG signature,
which seems to be the case for most of the packages.  Can this
be disabled? I assume that I will not need the "extras".

Mike
--
Michael D. Berger
m.d.berger at ieee.org