Mac Mini and Onboard Sound (FC4-ppc)

Sakari Aaltonen sakari at aplac.hut.fi
Mon Jan 9 22:01:47 UTC 2006

Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately, when I try to boot
the FC4 installer, the machine locks up... I tried with two ISO
images from different ftp sites (that is, two different CDROMs),
but the result was the same.

I was able to to replace the first distribution I tried, Yellow Dog
4.0.1., with Ubuntu 5.0.4, but the latter does not seem to handle
the Mac Mini's onboard audio either.

Things are difficult. It seems I can install either Yellow Dog or
Ubuntu, but neither handles sound. FC4 reputedly does, but I cannot
install it.

I'm now installing Mac OS X again.

Sakari Aaltonen