bash problem!

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 21:51:10 UTC 2006

Hello, I have just finished a new install fedora 4 and have created a
simple shell script to run as a cron job.

If I try to execute the script from the command line I get the following error.

"bash: ./dailybup: /bin/bash: bad interpreter: Permission denied"

This script is located on an nfs share and if I move to any of the
other 5 fedora 4 machines on the network the script executes without
error.

This is the content of the script

<<
#!/bin/bash
#
#
mkdir -p /data/diffs/`date +%F`

I took out the mondoarchive step and the system still gives me the
above mentioned error.

This is the ll listing of /bin/bash on the problematic machine

"-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 680824 May 10  2005 /bin/bash"

and this is the ll listing of /bin/bash on one of the non problematic machines

"-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 686520 May 10  2005 /bin/bash"

rpm -qa | grep bash yields the following on the problematic machine

"bash-3.0-31"

the same command on one of the non problematic machines yields the following

"bash-3.0-31"

All six of the machines have been built using the same set of cd's and
options for installation.

Note:  I also checked the keyboard map and all is the same.

John
-
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at
http://counter.li.org