bash problem!

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 22:11:28 UTC 2006

ls -lZ /bin/bash from the bad box

-rwxr-xr-x  root     root     system_u:object_r:shell_exec_t   /bin/bash

and from the good box

-rwxr-xr-x  root     root                                      /bin/bash

So there maybe an selinux problem for me.

I do not normally run selinux, but now that you have mentioned it,
during the install on this new machine I was not given the option to
enable or disable the firewall and selinux options.

I used the custom install option and do not remember setting it up.

I am behind a firewall and router and do not normally concern myself
with selinux.

Thanks Andy

John
--
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at
http://counter.li.org