CUPS problem

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 05:08:11 UTC 2006

On 1/10/06, fredex <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:

> HI:
>
> Newly setup FC4 on a home LAN. Attempting to set up printer, start
> the printer setup tool, it shows the print queues already existing
> on the "other" linux box that it found by searching the net. Trouble
> is, I can't print to any of them. It'll let me select one and "send"
> a test page to it but nothing ever happens.
>
> So I try to configure manually one of them, go thru the settings
> to make it an IPP printer and print to it and nothing happens.
>
> I finally got the printer on my wife's XP box to print by manually
> setting it up as a SMB printer.
>
> but I'm puzzled, it shouldn't be hard, anybody got a clue for me?
>
> Fred

hey,

What is the model no and the manufacturer name  ?

Sometimes the LPD protocol should be running for some printers.You can try
with LPD protocol running.

You can see in the /var/log/cups/error_log or /var/log/cups/access_log what
is the message when you send the print to that printer.

Regards

Ankush