Does anyone have FC4 running on hp dv8000?

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 11:44:41 UTC 2006

Craig Thomas wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 13:23:49 -0500
> Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I can't seem to get any kernels to boot, except the install CD/DVD.  They
>> always hang.
>>

> Is it a widescreen? My dv1227 works great.  How far into the process does
> it get? are you sure it's the kernel and not graphics related?  Have you
> tried not starting X at boot?
>
> http://www.fedorafaq.org/basics/#runlevel
>
> If you can boot the install CD, you can boot into rescue mode:
>
> http://www.fedorafaq.org/basics/#rescue
>
> HTH

It is widescreen.  It's not graphics.

The 2.6.11 kernel that comes on the FC4 install works.  But, I can't accept
this notebook if it won't boot newer Fedora kernels.

All Fedora 2.6.14.xxx kernels won't boot.  With no command line args, it
stops at
ACPI: Subsystem revision 20050902

If I use acpi=off it stops later.  I also tried acpi=irq.  All fail, but at
different points!

I tried the new test kernel 2.6.15-1.1823_FC4.  Same result.

I am trying to install FC5T1 right now.