old-school

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 20:23:19 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 13:24, Rickey Moore wrote:

> <g> The 'last version' I really used was around RH6 or so...
>
> I'll check out "yum" although the issues since way back when is if you
> can't get to the internet readily, you are in deep doo doo. Especially
> if the update you need is there and I find myself not there. <cackles>

I don't see how the internet availability issue changes depending
on whether it is yum trying to resolve dependencies or yourself
doing it the hard way.  If you can't get the needed rpms you are stuck
either way.  Note that fedora is a fast-changing
distribution so you'll probably have a gig of updates if
you are doing it now for the first time.  If you want something
that doesn't change/update quite so quickly and periodically
rebuilds the distribution isos so new installs don't take
so much of an initial update you might like Centos:
http://www.centos.org.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com