Scanner has just stopped working

David Fletcher fc at fletchersweb.net
Tue Jan 10 20:31:15 UTC 2006

On Monday 09 Jan 2006 20:27, Jeff Vian wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 20:07 +0000, David Fletcher wrote:
>
> If that is your error, my libusb is
>   [jeff at eagle ~]$ rpm -q libusb
>   libusb-0.1.10a-1
> FC4 updated last night.

OK I'm scanning again on my FC3 machine.

What I've done was download from a Core 4 mirror the source rpm for
libusb-0.1.10a, then ran rpmbuild --rebuild on it.

Also downloaded libusb-devel-0.1.10a-3.i386.rpm then ran rpm -U on both rpms.
That installed OK.

That didn't get me working. What I had previously done when the scanner
stopped working was upgrade iscan from Epson Kowa I think it's called with
iscan-1.17.0-1.c2.i386.rpm.

I just removed iscan from the system and went back to using
iscan-1.13.0-3.i386.rpm, did a scan, rebooted the system just to be sure it
really is working, and I just did a second scan using xsane.

The moral of this is probably something like "Don't throw away old RPMs you
might just need them again".

If anybody else finds themselves in this situation email me off list and I can
email whatever I've now got.

Dave Fletcher

--
Registered Linux user number 393408