up2date vs. yum

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 00:47:38 UTC 2006

On 1/10/06, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 11:26 +0000, Joao Paulo Pires wrote:
> > If Up2date is barely maintained, should I uninstall Up2date?
>
> Why not?  I did, as well as anything else involved with RHN (the
> blinking icon, etc).  You don't need them if you're not using them.

The "blinking icon" works just fine.  There's no reason to uninstall
it.  You'll probably never catch it blinking if you have the yum
nightly update service enabled, but it does accurately detect when you
need to install patches.

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."