Canon 3000 scanner

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Jan 11 04:33:16 UTC 2006

Nat Gross wrote:

>On 1/10/06, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:
>

>>Nat Gross wrote:
>>

>>>Can someone please give me a little 'play by play' how to get a Cannon
>>>3000 usb scanner working with FC 4 (fully updated via yum) working.
>>>Tons of conflicting googled info makes it sound more complex then it should be.
>>>
>>>Thank you all;
>>>-nat
>>>

>>If you can't do it with sane, I don't know how you can do it, and the
>>sane site says that this scanner is "unsupported."
>>http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-CANON
>>
>>Greg
>>

><sigh>

If it makes you feel any better, I've had a Visioneer 8100 scanner for
several years now; it remains unsupported, and one of the few reasons I
hang onto a partition with Windows, yet port all the output to work with
it in Linux.
A part of me hopes that some day the scanner will die, but
"unfortunately" it keeps working without problems.

Greg