old-school

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Wed Jan 11 08:05:06 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 17:49, Rickey Moore wrote:
> Just using an AMD 586 desktop kludge that I've  parted together. Nope, I'm
> not really 'in school' except as a  philosophical concept. I'm 56 and have
> used Linux for a number of  years, prior to my 'sabbadical'. I didn't use
> computers daily for  another number of years, so I'm in re-entry mode.
>
>   Thanx fo the considerations, Ric

Hey, I'm 61 and still take an occasional class.  You don't say what
geographical area you live in, but you might look for a linux user group in
your area and see if one of their members could give you some help with
downloading on a high speed line.  I have people come over once or twice a
month to get lengthy downloads done on my cable connection.

Tom

--
Tom Taylor
Linux user #263467