2 Problems with new FC4 install - Problem 1

Nathaniel Hall nathaniel.d.hall at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 14:38:53 UTC 2006

Yesterday I installed FC4 on a custom machine.  It has run before
without a problem, but I cannot get tsclient to work.

First, the tsclient problem.  Here is what I did to the system:

1) Minimum install except development tools
2) Update the system (Reboot)
3) Install NVidia driver and configure for desktop spanning over 2 monitors
4) yum install kdebase kdeutils firefox thunderbird gaim (accept
dependencies)
5) yum install tsclient (accept dependencies)

Now when I try to use tsclient to Remote Desktop to a Windows XP machine
I get the following error:
    "An error has occured.
    X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range
for operation)
    Major opcode of failed request: 78 (X_CreateColormap)
    Value in failed request: 0x0
    Serial number of failed request: 7
    Current serial number in output stream: 8"

I have Googled for the error, but apparently I am not looking in the
right spot.  Any help would be appreciated.