Unable to find C++ compiler

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 11 22:48:54 UTC 2006

From: "Raymond Norton" <admin at lctn.org>

>I am trying to install a software package on a core 3 box, but am getting
> the following error:
>
> Unable to find C++ compiler
>
> I installed gcc via yum, but it must be something else I need.

[jdow at XXXX ~]$ apropos c++
ExtUtils::Embed      (3pm)  - Utilities for embedding Perl in C/C++ applications
c++filt              (1)  - Demangle C++ and Java symbols
gcc                  (1)  - GNU project C and C++ compiler
gcc [g++]            (1)  - GNU project C and C++ compiler

[jdow at XXXX ~] $ man c++
       file.cc
       file.cp
       file.cxx
       file.cpp
       file.CPP
       file.c++
       file.C
           C++ source code which must be preprocessed.  Note that in .cxx, the
           last two letters must both be literally x.  Likewise, .C refers to
           a literal capital C.

{^_^}