Ouch!

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jan 11 22:44:36 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 22:24 +0000, Ian Malone wrote:
> Alternatively they could just revert to 8.3 support for files, it
> wouldn't affect usb key applications as windows is handling the file
> system then (but it's a blow to interoperability, USB keys wouldn't
> work between Win and Mac or Linux).

They're just a storage medium, so they use what's put on them.  It's up
to the computers using them as to how.  We don't have "FAT" hard drives,
CDs, etc.  We simply have drive and discs.

So I don't see the further encumbering of FAT making it impossible to
use thumbdrives in particular.

I read messages from the public lists.