Getting QT To Work In Make Xconfig

wld volodimir.rudenko at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 23:54:14 UTC 2006

On 1/12/06, Robert L Cochran <cochranb at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> When I try to run 'make xconfig' I get this:
>
> [rlc at bobcp4 linux-2.6.14]$ make xconfig
>   HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/qconf
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [scripts/kconfig/qconf] Error 1
> make: *** [xconfig] Error 2
>
> Changing my path to
>
> PATH=/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/rlc/bin:/usr/lib64/qt-3.3:/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib
>
> Doesn't seem to help. QTDIR is set:
>
> QTDIR=/usr/lib64/qt-3.3
>
> Here is what I have installed for QT:
>
> [rlc at bobcp4 linux-2.6.14]$ rpm -qa | egrep 'qt'
> qt-devel-3.3.4-15.4
> qt-3.3.4-15.4
>
> am I missing another package that needs installing?
>
> Bob

2>

> --

Did you read the README file in kernel sources?
There are several methods to configure the  kernel.
>From README:

 - Alternate configuration commands are:
        "make menuconfig"  Text based color menus, radiolists & dialogs.
        "make xconfig"     X windows (Qt) based configuration tool.
        "make gconfig"     X windows (Gtk) based configuration tool.
        "make oldconfig"   Default all questions based on the contents of
                           your existing ./.config file.
        "make silentoldconfig"
                           Like above, but avoids cluttering the screen
                           with questions already answered.

I think you do not use KDE. So (logically :)  you use Gnome.
"make gconfig" should work for you, then.

--
V.Rudenko