old-school

Rickey Moore wayward4now at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 13:30:13 UTC 2006

Tony Nelson <tonynelson at georgeanelson.com> wrote:  At 6:41 PM -0700 1/10/06, Craig White wrote:

There are the unofficial FC4 isos from  , which
would save on the updating after installation.  They're served via
Bittorrent, so if there aren't many using the torrent, they will be slow to
download.
That's  good info to stash away in my saved email folder. In the old RedHat  days, any version numbered with '.0' was to be avoided like the plague.  <g> Nothing seemed to work out of the box until version number  '.2' . Owell... I'm BAAACK on the windoz machine, purchasing a router  and returning the hub as suggested.
  I can get the dynamic IP address from earthlink DSL, but getting DNS is  being a b*tch. I've even entered their nameserver static IP's into  resolv.conf, where all the notices beg you not to edit by hand, well I  did it!, and still zip. No resolving. <sigh>

  Back to the how to's... it's been a little over 5 years, so I'm  relearning much. I used to have to do a route add, manually, I'd like  to think just one of the gui's would work out of the box, "hope springs  eternal..." Ric