NVIDIA driver and DPMS: backlight never switches off

oleksandr korneta mai11ist at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 12 13:48:50 UTC 2006

on 01/12/2006 01:02 AM D. D. Brierton wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 18:38 -0500, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:

> Ah, it seems it isn't necessary. I commented out 'Option "DPMS"' from
> the "Device" section, and
at least it matters for my laptop (ati card). The xorg.conf generated by
fglrxconfig does not contain that option, therefore the backlit on my
laptop was never off. After adding that option manually everything works
like a charm.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./