Suspend to RAM (FC4)

oleksandr korneta mai11ist at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 12 16:23:21 UTC 2006

on 01/12/2006 08:32 AM tla-ml at rasmil.dk wrote:

>         I have make it working on my IBM T30, I use this guide.

heh... thinkpads are famous by supporting linux probably the best among
all the laptops.

>         http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_configure_acpid
>
>         I know it is a ThinkPad site, but there is a lot of information, so
>         maybe you will get some ideas.

I see you guys even got some special driver ibm_acpi for your laptops.
Unfortunately I was not able to find neither cpmpaq_acpi nor hp_acpi
drivers. Someone has to write those yet.

the only thing that bothers me is the message from /var/log/messages

localhost kernel: ibm_acpi: ec object not found

how come that this ibm_acpi is on my machine?

Thanks for the link anyway. The script they are using is very similar to
mine, but mine laptop does not wake up after sleep.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./