Firewall configurations

RGKärcher gerkarcher at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Jan 13 02:33:31 UTC 2006

Dear Edward ,

sorry , for the lack of information ...

I have an ADSL connection , dynamic ip , ADSL router
configured under eth0

please give me some directions about this , because a
while ago , I enter the setup , and activate some
definitions of the firewall and later I couldn't
connect to the internet ...

so I had to make a new connection using adsl-setup ,
and it trow me a lot of errors ...

but fourtunately I can use internet , but I have
serious doubts about the iptables configuration .

for example if I use nmap or netstat and test
localhost , it says to me that the port 25 is open ...

if I use the IP that my ISP gave me , it says that the
port 25 is closed..

thanks in advance for the answers ,

greetings

Richard karcher