Fedora on thinkpad t43

Edward Dekkers edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Fri Jan 13 06:06:20 UTC 2006

Chris.Grigor at za.delarue.com wrote:
> Howdi all
>

> Anyone on the list had any experience with loading up Fedora onto a
> thinkpad t43 without loosing the current data or pre loaded area on the
> disk (pre loaded area is the install files on a separate partition with
> an Access IBM button to access it on boot)
>

> Just your thoughts……

No experience per se, but I have loaded Linux on a Compaq years ago with
the same sort of deal.

Just tell Anaconda to leave the install partition alone. In my case grub
made an entry for it in the start menu automatically.

There's no black voodoo with those partitions, they're just bootable
partitions like any other.

Regards,
Ed.