Mounting a USB camera

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 14:00:57 UTC 2006

On 1/10/06, Paul F. Johnson <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > >Is there anyway (other than opening it up) to find the chipset of a
> > >camera like mine?
> >
> > You gave the vendor and product IDs as Vendor=0979 ProdID=0224.  Google
> > around for them.  The numbers on the chips may not be of any use anyway.
> > Your camera uses a vendor-specific protocol.
>
> It's a TDC-15 100k pixel camera if that's of any use. The company that
> makes it does have a driver, but guess who it's not for :-(
>
> Does FC ship with anything I can modprobe and use?
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul

This isn't excatly a solution to get THAT camera working, but here
they sell 100k pixel cameras for about 75 shekels- thats under $15 US.
If you are in North America or Europe you could probably find one even
cheaper than that. Something that uses Mass Storage drivers and maybe
even support for an SD card, That's much better than fiddling around
with propriatary windows drivers and muching up the system.

Dotan Cohen
http://technology-sleuth.com/short_answer/what_is_hdtv.html
3453