How root can deligate rights of mounting iso-files to common users?!

Chasecreek Systemhouse chasecreek.systemhouse at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 14:37:55 UTC 2006

On 1/13/06, Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 12:43 -0500, Chasecreek Systemhouse wrote:
> > On 1/12/06, Strong <s-strong at mail.ru> wrote:
> > > How root can deligate rights of mounting iso-files to common users?!
> >
> > Um, mount the *.iso on the loop point -loop ?
>
> I think the OP wanted to know how a system could be set up so that
> non-root users could do it. Not a trivial problem to solve, even with
> sudo.

I don't know, it's worked for me in the past -- not at a Linux box at
the moment so I can't say 100% the syntax I used -- it was something
along the lines of mount somefile.iso -loop /mnt/cd/point

Also, this may prove interesting -
http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Environment/Tools/GnomeBaker-3702.shtml

--
WC -Sx- Jones | http://ccsh.us/ | Open Source Consulting