smartlink

François Patte francois.patte at math-info.univ-paris5.fr
Fri Jan 13 17:01:05 UTC 2006

Jean-Rene Cormier a écrit :
> On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 00:23 +0100, François Patte wrote:
>
>>Bonjour,
>>
>>Did someone succeed in in compiling slmodem under FC4, kernel
>>2.6.14-1.1653_FC4.
>>
>>Changing gcc into gcc32 in modem/Makefile, you can compile the modules
>>but after that, it is impossible to load it:
>>
>>modprobe slamr gives:
>>
>>FATAL: Error inserting slamr
>>(/lib/modules/2.6.14-1.1653_FC4/extra/slamr.ko): Unknown symbol in
>>module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
>>

>>and the command "slmodemd" gives:
>>
>>error: mdm setup: cannot open dev `/dev/slamr0': No such device or address
>>error: cannot setup device `/dev/slamr0'
>>
>>I try to have my laptop modem working on a Toshiba Qosmio F20 101.
>>
>>lspci answers:
>>
>>0:1e.3 Modem: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family)
>>AC'97 Modem Controller (rev 03)
>>
>>This modem is supposed to work with lmodem and "snd_intel8x0m" module
>>loaded. This module is correctly loaded at boot time.
>

> If you modem works with snd_intel8x0m you don't need to load the slamr
> module. Just run "slmodemd -a" and it should tell you the device to use
> for the modem. On my laptop it's /dev/ttySL0 so it should be similar for
> you.

Thank you. I got my modem working like this. But one more question:
sometimes, slmodemd -a doesn't start complaining about the
/etc/alsa/cards/aliases.conf file which is "too old or corrupted" and it
asks to remove it or to fix it. I can't remove it: sound doesn't work
after that, is there somewhere a doc to fix it?

Thanks again.

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique