Possible bug of mkisofs

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 02:53:09 UTC 2006

On 1/14/06, J. K. Cliburn <jcliburn at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks. I have now a clue: the name of the files are in lowercase
> > letters. Does it matter? In case it matters, how can I automatically
> > convert the name of the files to uppercase letters?
>
> Yep, case matters.  Check out the mkisofs manpage; there's an
> "allow-lowercase" option.

>From the man page:

«-allow-lowercase
  This options allows lower case characters to appear in iso9660 filenames.
 This violates the ISO9660 standard, but it happens to work on some
systems. Use with caution.»

So, it seems better to convert all names to uppercase, but I do not
know how to do that automatically, without renaming each file,
individually.

Paul