Web server and Multiple Virtualhost

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jan 14 11:34:52 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 16:55 +0700, Amrit Angsusingh wrote:
> How could I config the httpd.conf to access virtualhost from both lan
> cards?

Your first set of configurations looked fine, the ones done in
<VirtualHost *:80> style, I wouldn't start putting IP addresses in there
unless you wanted them to listen only to specific IPs.

What's your "listen" directive(s) set to?  Specific IPs, no IPs and just
a port?

grep Listen /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

Mine's set thus:
Listen 127.0.0.1:80
Listen 192.168.1.2:80
Listen 8000

Which means the localhost and LAN pays attention to connections to port
80, but not anything else (i.e. the internet is ignored).  Port 8000
pays attention to connections coming from any address.  There's a
variety of combinations you can set up.

I read messages from the public lists.