sound across xwindow terminals

Yesukai yesukai at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 23:08:55 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I'm fairly new, untill now I've been able to avoid asking for help in the
mailing list. But currently I have two xwindow terminals set up, F7 and F9
(o and 2 I think) so that we can have easy "user switching". It works fine
except whenever you start the second xwindow server it says "No volume
control elements or devices found" and audio does not work. I can run the
redhat soundcard detector, that runs fine. If I put in an audio CD, it plays
under the first xwindow server. Videos and the like simply have no sound if
played in the second xwindow server. Im not sure where to even start
figuring out what is wrong.

Thank you,
-Jeff