Procmail filtering

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Sat Jan 14 23:11:23 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-14-01 at 20:31 +0100, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> > .forward:
> >
> > "|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail || exit 75 #myusername"
>
> Why that kind of call? I assume you run  local MTA, which is Sendmail.
> Correct? Then Procmail is called automatically and you don't need to use
> a .forward for this.

Oh man, talk about timely.  I JUST set up fetchmail and procmail on my
laptop.  I have it working, but procmail is complaining about not being
able to deliver to /var/spool/mail/ksandhu, even though I've changed the
DEFAULT to /home/ksandhu/.evolution/mail/maildir/.

Anyway, why the need for a .forward?  Isn't it enough to setup
a .fetchmailrc file, and then let procmail handle delivery via
fetchmail's "mda" option?

Regards,

Ranbir
--